Outdoor Connection Brampton 3R Family Dome Tent
The Brampton three room family dome tent features great family space and comfort. Three large bedrooms, with peak height over the full length of the tent, provide that great ‘fling your arms out’ feeling. Fresh air ventilation is a must on those hot Australian summer nights. Four large ‘Floor to Eave’ windows and four large Omega doors give maximum flow-through ventilation in every direction. Fresh air and coolness right down to ground level where you sleep! Yet, internal windows & door covers that zip upwards from the bottom, provide ready privacy and protection from drafts on cold winter nights – all without having to go outside the tent. The three side wall panels zip together on each side as a single awning to provide shade on all sides. The large end doors form Outdoor Connection’s ‘three pole awning‘ on each end. This feature means you can leave your awning erected at full height even when it is raining. Optional Awning Side Walls velcro to these end awnings making an extra large area of shade. When its raining drop the side walls down to keep out the rain from the side so that you can still have your large ‘sitting around relaxing’ space. You can sit and enjoy the rain as well as enjoy the sunshine!
- Product Details
Outdoor Connection Brampton Tent
Three Room Family Tent
The Brampton Tent is a three-room family tent that is spacious, offering all the best in manufacture and design to ensure your family holiday is as good as you wish for.
- Spacious 280(W) x 600(L) x 210 (H) cms.
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom. The large awning complements the feeling of cool comfort on your family holiday.
- The CHOICE tent comparison of September 2011 awarded the Outdoor Connection Weekender Tent the highest score in the “What to Buy” results. The Brampton shares the same design and fabric qualities as the Weekender as well as the ‘easy to erect’ Hornet Pole System. This pole structure provides strength and stability as well as creating excellent headroom and internal space.
- End bedrooms are each 280 (W) x 210(L) with straight walls that do not taper at the ends. This maximises internal space. Each end bedroom has large Side Windows, with a screen from floor to eave, providing cross-flow ventilation for fully screened coolness and comfort. A large Omega screen door at each end of the tent rounds off your all-around comfort.
- The middle room is 280(W) x 180 (L) and can be used as a storage/living area or as a bedroom. Large Omega doors on each side of the middle bedroom ensure maximum comfort and privacy.
- Sewn-in Dividing Walls with an Omega door separate each room. The Omega Door mesh and privacy screens can be tucked away neatly in a side pocket.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric.
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 4600mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the outer fly fabric guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out. Fine but designed to still allow air to flow through!
- Pole Sleeves across the roof of the tent maximising strength and stability
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent. The Inner tent has its own zippered privacy panel and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember a family of four may produce more than half a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation and breathability of the inner tent is important
- Privacy Screens zip from the floor upwards on the full-length side windows so that you can control the air flow into the tent.
- Large Omega doors, with both privacy panel and insect screen, are at each end of the tent as well as in the dividing walls between the bedrooms. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact! The Omega door can also be zipped partly up from the bottom to control air flow.
- Durafine No-see-um mesh and privacy screens on all doors and windows.
- All doors and windows can be closed from inside the tent
- Large awnings are formed by the side doors and window covers on each side of the tent. The door and window covers can be poled out and used as individual awnings or zipped together to form one long continuous awning along each side. The covers can be lowered and pegged or poled out to protect the windows from showers while still allowing fresh air into the tent.
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the two end doors. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Optional Side Walls are available for these three pole awnings. Side walls can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- ‘EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Two compression straps with durable Snap-Lock buckles. No more struggling to get the tent in the bag.
Spacious three room cabin dome tent with fully sewn-in dividing walls between the three bedrooms.
All doors and windows, including the large Omega door in the sewn-in dividing wall, have privacy screens.
Sizes are all internal measurements.
Floor: 280(W) x 210+180+210 (L) cms.
Peak Height: 210 cms Note that Peak Height stays the same for the full length of the tent.Height at eaves:
Size at eaves:
End bedrooms (280(W) x 210(L)cms have large Side Doors and a large Omega door that opens out to a large three pole awning..
Middle bedroom 280(W) x 180(L) cms features two large fully screened Omega side doors providing great cross-flow ventilation
Side and end walls are very near vertical and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
High peak height and the tall near vertical sidewalls provide an overall feeling of comfortable cool space.
Sleeves hold the rib poles at the top of the tent. This distributes the weight evenly and minimises the movement of the tent in wind.
Tent Fabric Outer Fly:
100 Denier HiCount 130 Grams per Sq M (GSM) with exceptional TEAR STRENGTH to be secure in even the roughest weather. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric https://outdoorconnection.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Tent-Waterhead-Fabric-Weight-Camparisons.pdf
Outdoor Connection's unique UV Protek treatment helps protect your fabric against degradation from UV Light significantly extending the life of your tent.
UV Protek formulation also ensures high abrasion resistence of the waterproofing so that as your tent ages, and suffers abrasion from the normal use of erecting and folding away, your water resistance alters very slowly.
2000 mm (Minimum) Waterhead. Actually measured at more than 3000mm for staying dry in the heaviest and persistent rain.
Heat taped seams.
Fabric: 68D Breathable polyester to minimise condensation collection inside the tent living space.
Dividing Walls between the three bedrooms are all sewn in with large Omega Durafine Mesh doors with privacy screens that can be opened to make a large room.
The privacy screens on all doors can be zipped up from the base so that you can control the air flow through the tent.Very large windows and doors for superior ventilation
The 'easy to erect' Hornet Pole System with a single peak ridgeline pole.
Four rib poles run, on each side, from this ridgeline pole down the roof line to the base of the tent. Bent ferrules at the eave line mean that the side walls can be near vertical making maximum 'walk around space' inside the tent.
Pin and Ring system to attach the poles to the tent.
Highest quality sewing thread available used to ensure maximum strength and waterproofing. Waterproofing of polyester tents requires a special thread. The Brampton features the use of Coates 100% cotton Dual Duty thread. This is a three heads spun thread with three separate cotton threads spun together. This gives maximum strength. Cotton swells when it gets wet and this fills up the small needle holes made in the manufacturing process.
Outdoor Connection actually manufactures tents (other models) so we know what we pay special attention to these small details!
PE Floor 175 Grams per Sq Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
Coil No 8 zips ae a feature of all doors for long lasting durability.
Coil No 5 zips on the windows where strength is not so much an issue but the finer zips protect against intrusion of wind and rain.
Pre-tied guy ropes with zippered storage pockets.
Doors and Windows:
Omega are double slide round doors that can be be folded away in a side pocket – neat and compact. The privacy screens can be zipped from the base upwards so that air low can be controlled.
The privacy screens on the bedroom side windows also zip from the base upwards for best climate control.
Large three pole awning at each end of the tent, with optional side walls, provides a comfortable outside living area that, because of the peak created, can be left standing during rain periods. You can still enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
All window and door covers along each side of the tent can be poled out as awnings or joined together to make one continuous awning along each side.
Electrical Cord Access:
3 x Zippered access for electrical cords. Hanging hooks for LED along the peak seam
Extra peak and wall height provide a spacious cool environment. The higher the roof the further you are away from the heat.
Large doors and windows complete the feeling of having lots of cool space. With the large awnings forming a verandah all round this is a real 'country homestead'.
Plenty of storage pockets are sewn to the walls of the inner tent
Door Locks are provided for added security. This simple design lock obviously does not prevent someone 'breaking in' to your tent. However they do guard against the casual visitor walking in and nonchalantly removing your valuables.
Outdoor Connection's unique EziPak 'drop-in' flap over carry bag with compression straps means no more struggling to fit the tent back in the bag. Just roll the tent up comfortable tightly and drop it back into the carry back. Tighten the straps with the snap-lock buckles and you are packed up ready to go home.
Pack Size and Weight:
Weight 31 KG.
Packed in two separate 'Ezt-Pak' Bags for easier carrying
Manufacturers Warranty of three years against defects in manufacture or materials.