Outdoor Connection Weekender 1R Cabin Dome Tent
Weekender Cabin Dome Tent
Weekender Dome Tent is a premium quality cabin style dome tent ideal for couples or singles on a weekend away or a comfortable longer stay.
The Weekender is a large single room tent. High straight side walls provide maximum ‘walk-around’ room inside the tent. The large front Omega door provides easy access and maximum ventilation. Large side windows, a window in the rear wall, together with Outdoor Connection’s Ventraflow panels on both sides complete your comfort in this spacious cabin. Internal window and door covers allow privacy and maximum climate control giving protection from drafts on cold winter nights.
The front door cover be turned into a ‘Three Pole Awning‘ that can be left erected in case of rain. Optional Awning Side Walls give added protection to the awning area, creating a proper all-weather awning area. You can sit out and ENJOY the rain!
Outdoor Connection – Quality you can see feel and trust
- Product Details
Outdoor Connection Weekender Dome Tent
One Room Dome Tent suitable for couples or singles
The Weekender is a one-room cabin style dome tent that is spacious, offering all the best in manufacture and design to ensure your holiday is as good as you wish for.
The CHOICE Magazine tent comparison of September 2011 awarded the Outdoor Connection Weekender Tent the highest score in the “What to Buy” results. It is still unmatched in quality and comfort.
- Spacious internal measurement of 280(W) x 270(L) x 205 (H) cms plus awnings.
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
- Windows or doors on every side ensure cool comfort on hot summer nights but can still be all zipped up, from inside the tent, for cosy comfort when the nights are cold.
- Hornet Pole System, ‘easy to erect’, has a centre ridge pole and two rib construction. Strong and stable, the Hornet Pole System creates near vertical sidewalls for exceptional internal space and headroom.
- The large front three pole awning complement the feeling of cool comfort on your family holiday.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 2000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 3000 mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- Outdoor Connection’s Duraproof waterproofing formula maximises the coating resistance to abrasion so that the waterproofing on your tent alters very little through the years of unfolding, erecting and folding your tent.
- StabilityPlus Pole Sleeves across the roof of the tent add stability and strength in severe weather protecting your tent and poles.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the outer fly fabric guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out.
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent.
- The inner tent has its own zippered privacy panels and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember two people may produce more than a third a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation and breathability of the inner tent is important
- Large side windows and Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. The window flaps and Ventraflow panels have tags so that the Outer fly window covers can be guy roped out and left open, or partially open, during wet weather.
- Large full panel Omega doors, front and rear, provide a separate entrance AND a full wall of ventilation when the outside flap is rolled up or erected as an awning. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact! The Omega door can also be zipped partly up from the bottom to control air flow.
- Privacy Screens zip from the bottom of the panels upwards on the windows and Ventraflow so that you can control the air flow into the tent. Omega doors can also be configured this way.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh on all doors and windows keeps out the midges and mossies.
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the front and rear doors. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain. Remember to also tighten the awning tensioning strap so that the awning does not pool water. Three adjustable height poles are supplied with the tent.
- Optional Side Walls are available for these three pole awnings. Side walls can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Two compression straps with durable Snap-Lock buckles. No more struggling to get the tent in the bag.
Sizes are all internal measurements.
Floor Area: 270(l) x 280(w) cm
Peak Height: 205m
Height at eaves:
Size at eaves:
Spacious oneom cabin dome tent with fully sewn-in dividing wall between the two bedrooms.
Side and end walls are very near vertical and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
High peak height and the tall near vertical sidewalls provide an overall feeling of comfortable cool space.
Tent Fabric Outer Fly:
100 Denier HiCount 130 Grams per Sq M (GSM) with exceptional TEAR STRENGTH to be secure in even the roughest weather. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Comparison
Outdoor Connection's unique UV Protek treatment helps protect your fabric against degradation from UV Light significantly extending the life of your tent.
Guaranteed 2000 mm (minimum) Waterhead. Actually measured at more than 3000mm for staying dry in heavy and persistent rain.
Heat taped seams
Outdoor Connection's Duraproof waterproofing formula maximises resistance to abrasion
Fabric: 68D Breathable polyester to minimise condensation collection inside the tent living space.
Omega Durafine Mesh doors at front and rear. The doors have a privacy screen that can be zipped up from the base so that you can control the air flow through the tent.
Ventraflow panels in rear room as well as very large windows and doors for superior ventilation.
Sleeves hold the rib poles at the top of the tent. This distributes the weight evenly and minimises the movement of the tent in wind.
The 'easy to erect' Hornet Pole System with a single peak ridgeline pole.
Two rib poles run, on each side, from this ridgeline pole down the roof line to the base of the tent. Bent ferrules at the eave line mean that the side walls can be near vertical making maximum 'walk around space' inside the tent.
Highest quality sewing thread available used to ensure maximum strength and waterproofing. Waterproofing of polyester tents requires a special thread. The Weekender features the use of Coates 100% cotton Dual Duty thread. This is a three heads spun thread with three separate cotton threads spun together. This gives maximum strength. Cotton swells when it gets wet and this fills up the small needle holes made in the manufacturing process.
Outdoor Connection actually manufactures tents (other models) so we know what we are doing and we pay special attention to these small but very important quality details!
PE Floor 175 Grams per Sq Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
Coil No 8 zips ae a feature of all doors for long lasting durability.
Coil No 5 zips are used on windows and Ventrraflow. These are smaller zips designed to keep water and wind out while being very secure when used for windows.
Doors and Windows:
Omega are double slide round doors that can be be folded away in a side pocket – neat and compact. The privacy screens can be zipped from the base upwards so that air low can be controlled.
The privacy screens on the bedroom side windows and Ventraflow also zip from the base upwards for best climate control.
Window covers have end tags that allow the covers to be pegged out allowing ventilation even in wet weather.
Large three pole awning at each end of the tent, with optional side walls, provides a comfortable outside living area that, because of the peak created, can be left standing during rain periods. You can still enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
Optional Awning Side Walls
Large side walls are available for the awnings. The awnings feature a continuous Velcro strip along the length of each side. This joins to the velco strip on the side wall to make a very strong join of the side wall to the awning. The side wall has velco on each side so that it can be attached on either side of the awning.
The sidewalls can be poled out to make a super-large awning area or, in inclement weather, tied down to make a secure and comfortable area under the awning.
Electrical Cord Access:
Zippered access for electrical cords. Hanging hooks for LED along the peak seam
Extra peak and wall height provide a spacious cool environment. The higher the roof the further you are away from the heat.
Large doors and windows complete the feeling of having lots of cool space. With the large awnings at each end of the tent this is a real 'country cabin'.
Storage pockets are sewn to the walls of the inner tent.
Door Locks are provided for added security. This simple design lock obviously does not prevent someone 'breaking in' to your tent. However they do guard against the casual visitor walking in and nonchalantly removing your valuables.
Outdoor Connection's unique EziPak 'drop-in' flap over carry bag with compression straps means no more struggling to fit the tent back in the bag. Just roll the tent up comfortable tightly and drop it back into the carry back. Tighten the straps with the snap-lock buckles and you are packed up ready to go home.
Pack Size and Weight:
Weight: 17.4 Kg
Pack Size: 89 x 29 x 28 cms