Outdoor Connection Heron Family Dome Tent
Spacious Two Room Family Tent with ‘easy to erect’ Hornet frame. Quick and easy to erect, this quality two room family tent is made with superior, stronger and more waterproof fabrics and material. Two spacious, fully enclosed bedrooms plus a large awning provides a real feeling of plenty of room for all the family and privacy when it is needed. The generous peak height and high near-vertical side walls provide plenty of walk-around headroom. The extra height in the tent also helps maintain a cooler environment. The large three pole awning with optional sidewalls means that the awning can be left erected when it is raining and you can still sit out and enjoy the outdoors. Large doors, windows and Ventraflow panels complete the detail aimed at making your family holiday as much fun and as comfortable as possible.
Enjoy the comfort and security of Outdoor Connection quality that you can see, feel and trust.
- Product Details
The Outdoor Connection Heron Tent is a spacious two-room family tent with the ‘easy to erect’ Hornet Pole System.
In September 2011, the Weekender tent had the highest score in the “What to Buy” results in the CHOICE tent comparison. The Heron shares the same Hornet Pole System, quality fabrics and materials, and design as the Weekender. This Hornet pole structure pole structure provides strength and stability and creates excellent headroom and internal space.
- Spacious 260 (W) x 420 (L) x 210 (H) cm.
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
- Large awning complements the feeling of cool comfort on your family holiday
- Two bedrooms each 260 (W) x 210 (L) with fully sewn in dividing wall. A large Omega door is built into the dividing wall which allows for the privacy of two bedrooms or the tent can be opened up to make one large room.
- Large ‘Floor to Ceiling’ Side Windows that zip UP from the floor to give you full control of the airflow in the bedroom.
- Ventraflow panels in the Outer Fly are designed to provide cool fresh air at bed height.
- Large Omega screen doors at each end of the tent open out under the rear awning rounds off your all-round comfort.
- Privacy screens on all windows and doors. The tent can be closed up from the inside – no going out in the cold.
- 100D HiCount fabric. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 2000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 3000mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather. The waterproofing quality means this essential coating is very resistant to abrasion.
Outdoor Connection’s unique UV-PROTEK treatment provides maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out. High-quality mesh that resists tearing and wear.
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent.
- The inner tent has its own zippered privacy panels and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember a family of four may produce more than half a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation like Ventraflow and breathability of the inner tent is important.
- Large Omega doors, both Privacy panel and insect screen, at each end of the tent as well as in the dividing wall between the bedrooms. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact!
- Window flaps can be poled out as awnings or pegged out so as to allow the window to be open when it is raining.
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the doors at each end of the tent. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain. (Three poles provided with the tent)
- Optional Side Walls are available for the three pole awnings. Side walls, with continuous Velcro, can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather. You can sit out and enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
Spacious two room family cabin dome tent with fully sewn-in dividing wall between the two bedrooms.
All doors and windows, including the large Omega door in the sewn-in dividing wall, have privacy screens.
Dimensions are all internal measurements.
Floor: 260(W) x 420 (L) cms.
Peak Height: 210 cms
Height at eaves:
Size at eaves:
Two bedrooms each 260 (W) x 210(L) cms have large'floor to ceiling' Side Windows and a large Omega door that opens out to a large three pole awning.
Dividing Wall is fully sewn-in for maximum privacy. A large Omega screen door with a privacy panel provides access between the bedrooms.
Side and end walls are very near vertical and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
High peak height and the tall near vertical sidewalls provide an overall feeling of comfortable cool space.
Sleeves hold the rib poles at the top of the tent. This distributes the weight evenly and minimises the movement of the tent in wind.
Tent Fabric Outer Fly:
100 Denier HiCount 130 Grams per Sq M (GSM) with exceptional TEAR STRENGTH to be secure in even the roughest weather. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric https://outdoorconnection.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Tent-Waterhead-Fabric-Weight-Camparisons.pdf The Outdoor Connection Waterproofing formulation also ensures high abrasion resistance of the waterproofing so that as your tent ages, and suffers abrasion from the normal use of erecting and folding away, your water resistance alters very slowly.
Outdoor Connection's unique UV Protek treatment helps protect your fabric against degradation from UV Light significantly extending the life of your tent.
MINIMUM 2000mm Waterhead (actually measured to 3000mm) for superior rain protection during those periods of very heavy rain and for extended periods of wet conditions. All tents are waterproof when it isn't raining!!! The abrasion resistant formulation means your tent will maintain an almost new waterproofing status throughout its life.
Heat taped seams cover any stitch areas where small holes have been made in the fabric.
Fabric: 68D Breathable polyester to minimise condensation collection inside the tent living space.
Dividing Wall between the bedrooms is fully sewn-in with a large Omega Durafine Mesh door with privacy screens that can be opened to make a large room.
The privacy screens on all doors and windows can be zipped up from the floor so that you can control the air flow through the tent. Very large windows and doors for superior ventilation.
Fibreglass Pole size: 12.7mm
The 'easy to erect' Hornet Pole System
– Single peak ridgeline pole for stability and strength.
– Three rib poles run, on each side, from this ridgeline pole down the roof line to the base of the tent.
– Bent ferrules at the eave line mean that the side walls can be near vertical making maximum 'walk around space' inside the tent.
– Pin and Ring system to attach the poles to the base of the tent.
PE Floor 175 Grams per Sq Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
Coil No 8 zips ae a feature of all doors for long lasting durability.
Coil No 5 zips are used on the windows where less strength is needed and where resistance to water seepage is of maximum importance.
Highest quality sewing thread available used to ensure maximum strength and waterproofing. Waterproofing of polyester tents requires a special thread. The Aria Elite 3 features the use of Coates 100% cotton Dual Duty thread. This is a three heads spun thread with three separate cotton threads spun together. This gives maximum strength. Cotton swells when it gets wet and this fills up the small needle holes made in the manufacturing process.
Outdoor Connection actually manufactures tents (other models) so we know what we pay special attention to these small details!
Doors and Windows:
Large Omega doors at each end of the tent and in the sewn-in dividing wall. Omega are double slide round doors that can be be folded away in a side pocket – neat and compact. The privacy screens can be zipped from the base upwards so that air low can be controlled.
The privacy screens on the bedroom side windows and Ventraflow also zip from the floor upwards for best climate control.
Window and Ventraflow covers have end tags that allow the covers to be pegged out allowing ventilation even in wet weather.
Large three pole awning at each end of the tent, with optional side walls, provides comfortable outside living areas that, because of the peak created, can be left standing during rain periods. You can still enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
Optional side walls with continuous Velcro that can be attached on either or both sides of the three pole awning. The side walls can be poled out to make an extra large awning in sunny weather or lowered for extra protection when it is raining.
All window covers along each side of the tent can be poled out as awnings or pegged down at an angle to provide both weather protection and fresh air when it is raining.
Ventraflow covers feature a gusset that protects against rain blowing in from the sides.
Electrical Cord Access:
2 x Power cord access as well as access being able to be gained between the two slides on the Omega doors. Rood fags are in place to hold LED light systems.
Extra peak and wall height provide a spacious cool environment. The higher the roof the further you are away from the heat.
Large doors and windows complete the feeling of having lots of cool space. With the large awnings three pole awnings at each end this is a really cool holiday home.
Plenty of handy storage pockets are sewn to the corners of the walls of the inner tent.
Handy storage pockets are sewn to the corners of the walls of the inner tent.
Pre-tied Guy Ropes with neat zippered storage pockets to prevent your ropes getting tangled together when the tent is folded away.
Door Locks are provided for added security. This simple design lock obviously does not prevent someone 'breaking in' to your tent. However they do guard against the casual visitor walking in and nonchalantly removing your valuables.
Outdoor Connection's unique EziPak 'drop-in' flap over carry bag with compression straps means no more struggling to fit the tent back in the bag. Just roll the tent up comfortable tightly and drop it back into the carry back. Tighten the straps with the snap-lock buckles and you are packed up ready to go home.
Pack Size and Weight:
Packed Weight: 22.7 Kg
Packed Size: 79 x 29 x 30 cms
Manufacturers Warranty of three years against defects in manufacture or materials.