The Galaxy Plus is Outdoor Connection’s Premium four room tent.
- Spacious three large rooms (305 x 240cm each) plus a sunroom (240 x 240cm).
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
- Large awnings complement the feeling of cool comfort on your family holidayLarge doors, windows and awnings combine to give maximum cooling for hot Australian summers.
The CHOICE tent comparison of September 2011 awarded the Outdoor Connection Weekender Tent the highest score in the “What to Buy” results. The Galaxy Plus shares the same design and fabric qualities as the Weekender as well as the ‘easy to erect’ Hybrid Square pole system. This pole structure provides strength and stability, creating excellent headroom and internal space while being simple and quick to erect.
- Each end bedroom is 305 (W) x 240(L) cms (internal measurements) with straight walls that do not taper at the ends. This maximises internal space providing lots of ‘walk-around’ headroom not found in any other brand of tent. Each end bedroom has large Side Windows providing cross-flow ventilation for fully screened coolness and comfort. A large Omega screen door at each end of the tent rounds off your all-around comfort.
- The middle room is also a full 305(W) x 240 (L) (internal measurements) and can be used as a storage/living area or as a bedroom. Each end bedroom has large Side Windows, with a screen from floor to eave, providing cross-flow ventilation for fully screened coolness and comfort. A large Omega screen door at each end of the tent rounds off your all-around comfort.
- Peak Height runs the full length of the tent
- The Sunroom, 240 x 240cm, is a full mesh room attached to the front of the middle room
- The Square Hybrid Pole System combines the strength of steel upright poles with the flexibility of fibreglass poles to create a frame with exceptional strength and stability. This pole structure also means the tent has near vertical side walls providing maximum internal ‘walk-around’ space and headroom.
- Sewn-in Dividing Walls with an Omega door separate each room. The Omega Door mesh and privacy screens can be tucked away neatly in a side pocket.
- Internal window and door covers allow ready privacy and give protection from drafts on cold winter nights. The front awning of the Galaxy Plus extends around the sunroom and over the full length of the tent giving a particularly large awning area.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 3000mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.\
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the outer fly fabric guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out.
- Pole Sleeves across the roof of the tent maximising strength and stability.
- Hybrid Pole System for maximum strength and stability and maximum headroom.
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent. The Inner tent has its own zippered privacy panel and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember a family of four may produce more than half a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation and breathability of the inner tent is important
- Privacy Screens zip from the floor upwards on the full-length side windows so that you can control the air flow into the tent.
- Large Omega doors, with both privacy panel and insect screen, are at each end of the tent as well as in the dividing walls between the bedrooms. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact! The Omega door can also be zipped partly up from the bottom to control air flow.
- Durafine No-see-um mesh and privacy screens on all doors and windows.
- All doors and windows can be closed from inside the tent
- Large awnings are formed by side the doors on each side of the tent. The door covers can be poled out and used as individual awnings or zipped together to form one long continuous awning along each side.
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the two end doors. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Optional Side Walls are available for these three pole awnings. Side walls can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- ‘EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Two compression straps with durable Snap-Lock buckles. No more struggling to get the tent in the bag.
- Instructions for set-up pdf
- Note that this is a Recommended Retail Price. Individual retailers may set their own price above or below this RRP depending on their own cost circumstances.