The Outdoor Connection Heron Tent is a spacious two room family tent with the ‘easy to erect’ Hornet Pole System.
In September 2011, the Weekender tent had the highest score in the “What to Buy” results in the CHOICE tent comparison. The Heron shares the same Hornet Pole System, quality fabrics and materials, and design as the Weekender. This Hornet pole structure pole structure provides strength and stability and creates excellent headroom and internal space.
- Spacious 260 (W) x 420 (L) x 205 (H) cms.
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
- Large awning complements the feeling of cool comfort on your family holiday
- Two bedrooms each 260 (W) x 210 (L) with fully sewn in dividing wall. A large Omega door is built into the dividing wall which allows for the privacy of two bedrooms or the tent can be opened up to make one large room.
- Large ‘Floor to Ceiling’ Side Windows that zip UP from the floor to give you full control of the airflow in the bedroom.
- Ventraflow panels in the Outer Fly are designed to provide cool fresh air at bed height.
- Large Omega screen doors at each end of the tent open out under the rear awning rounds off your all-round comfort.
- Privacy screens on all windows and doors. The tent can be closed up from the inside – no going out in the cold.
- 100D HiCount fabric with a . This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 2000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 3000mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather. The waterproofing quality means this essential coating is very resistant to abrasion.
- Outdoor Connection’s unique UV-PROTEK treatment provides maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out. High quality mesh that resists tearing and wear.
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent.
- Inner tent has its own zippered privacy panels and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember a family of four may produce more than half a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation like Ventraflow and breathability of the inner tent is important.
- Large Omega doors, both Privacy panel and insect screen, at each end of the tent as well as in the dividing wall between the bedrooms. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact!
- Window flaps can be poled out as awnings or pegged out so as to allow the window to be open when it is raining.
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the doors at each end of the tent. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain. (Three poles provided with the tent)
- Optional Side Walls are available for the three pole awnings. Side walls, with continuous Velcro, can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather. You can sit out and enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
- RRP $699.00
- Note that this is a Recommended Retail Price. Individual retailers may set their own price above or below this RRP depending on their own cost circumstances.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and discover what makes our products unique and uncover helpful tips and tricks to make your camping experience one to remember!