Outdoor Connection Escape 3 Plus Dome Tent
Premium quality dome tent ideal for a weekend away, overnight stay, or even a longer stay for couples or singles.
The Escape 3 Plus is a “quality” spacious three person dome tent designed for your great escape as a traveller, for the overnight stay or weekends away. The extended inner tent provides extra effective ‘head’ space to avoid that ”cramped-in restricted feeling common to smaller tents.
Large D-Doors, both front and rear, plus large side windows provide cross-flow ventilation in every direction. Enjoy the feeling of light and spacious living. On hot summer nights, Ventraflow panels provide cool fresh air low down where you sleep. On cooler nights the Ventraflow panel can be closed from inside the tent using the privacy screen.
Made from First Grade fabrics and materials the Escape 3 Plus is a first choice quality compact tent.
- Product Details
The Escape 3 Plus Dome Tent
A spacious compact three person tent that has all the high-quality standards, comfort and durability of larger Outdoor Connection tents. The Escape 3 Plus is unmatched in quality and comfort.
- Floor size 205(W) x 205(L) x 130 (H). Sleeps up to three.
- First-grade quality materials and manufacture.
- Extended vestibule provides extra ‘headr00m’ space size almost the same size as the floor size.
- Superb ventilation through the large front and rear D-Doors. Windows and Ventraflow panels on each side.
- Stability Plus Pole Sleeves across the roof of the tent maximises strength and stability.
The Outdoor Connection Escape 3 Plus means that a smaller size does not mean a lesser quality.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 2000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 3000 mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- Outdoor Connection’s ‘Duraproof’ waterproofing treatment means that the waterproofing is especially resistant to abrasion. Your tent will hold its outstanding waterproofing characteristics over a very long life.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the outer fly fabric guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
- StabilityPlus Pole Sleeves add strength and stability to the tent which protects your tent and poles in severe weather.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out.
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent.
- Remember two people may produce more than a third a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation and breathability of the inner tent is important
- Large side windows and Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. The window flaps and Ventraflow panels have tags so that the Outer Fly window covers can be guy roped out and left open, or partially open, during wet weather.
- Large full panel D-Doors, front and rear, provide a separate entrance AND a full wall of ventilation when the outside flap is rolled up or erected as an awning.
- Privacy Screens on the D-Doors can be configured to zip from the bottom upwards. You can control the air flow into the tent.
- Durafine No-See-Um Mesh on all doors and windows.
- Awnings, front and rear, are formed by poling out the external door covers. Two awning poles, for one awning, are provided with the tent.
- Side windows and Ventraflow panels can also be pegged and/or poled out to provide ventilation even when it is raining. Ventraflow panels feature gussets to limit the possibility of water entry during rain.
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Two compression straps with durable Snap-Lock buckles. No more struggling to get the tent in the bag.
Spacious compact three person dome tent
Floor Size: 205 (L) x 205 (W) x 180 (H) cms – all dimensions are measured internally
Inner tent roof extended out past the floor at the front giving more 'walk-around' and 'standing' space inside the tent.
Tent Fabric Outer Fly:
100 Denier HiCount 130 Grams per Sq M (GSM) with exceptional TEAR STRENGTH to be secure in even the roughest weather. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Comparison
Outdoor Connection's unique UV Protek treatment helps protect your fabric against degradation from UV Light significantly extending the life of your tent.
Guaranteed 2000 mm (minimum) Waterhead. Actually measured at more than 3000mm for staying dry in heavy and persistent rain.
Heat taped seams
Outdoor Connection's Duraproof waterproofing formula maximises the coating resistance to abrasion so that the waterproofing on your tent alters very little through the years of unfolding, erecting and folding your tent.
Fabric: 68D Breathable polyester to minimise condensation collection inside the tent living space.
The extended roof line (Plus) of the inner tent provides extra 'walk-around' space inside the tent
StabilityPlus pole sleeves across the roof of the inner tent provide stability and strength protecting the tent insevere weather.
The privacy screens on the front and rear D-Doors mean you can zip up your tent door for privacy from inside the tent. These doors can be zipped up from the base so that you can control the air flow through the tent.
An easy-to-erect cross-over pole system for the main tent space.
Pole Diameter: 7.9mm
Vestibule pole with bent ferrules provides extra door/ventilation space on the front of the tent providing ease of entry and exit.
Bent ferules on the vestibule pole create a wide open entrance
StabilityPlus pole sleeves across the roof of the inner tent provide stability and strength to the pole system.
Highest quality sewing thread available used to ensure maximum strength and waterproofing. Waterproofing of polyester tents requires a special thread. The Escape 4 Plus features the use of Coates 100% cotton Dual Duty thread. This is a three heads spun thread with three separate cotton threads spun together. This gives maximum strength. Cotton swells when it gets wet and this fills up the small needle holes made in the manufacturing process.
Outdoor Connection actually manufactures tents (other models) so we know what we pay special attention to these small details!
Waterproof PE Floor providing waterproofing without creating excess weight.
Heavy Duty Coil No 8 zips ae a feature of all doors for long lasting durability.
Windows have finer No 5 zips where less strength is required but a finer zip adds to protection from intrusion of wind and rain.
Security: Door locks supplied. Prevent the casual theft of your belongings. We can't stop a determined undesirable chopping your tent to gain access to your belongings but they can't just walk in.
Power cord access
Mesh pockets for storage of small incidentals.
Pack Weight and Size
Pack weight: 10.8 Kg
Pack Size: cms