Top 10 Tips for Camping with Dogs
Date: June 21, 2017 Posted by: Gemma
There’s nothing like camping with your best and furriest friend – watching them explore and sniff strange new places and meet new and interesting people. Cuddling up with them by the fire. But the last thing you need to happen is to be caught off guard by being unprepared. So we’ve compiled a list of our top tips for camping with dogs.
- Check your campground allows dogs
- Make sure your dog is microchipped, collared and your details are up to date.
- Always keep your dog on its leash – you might love your dogs soggy hello kisses but other campers might not appreciate them as much
- Bring an extra long rope/leash and a strong peg to give your pup room to roam around your camp
- Pack plenty of food and water for both you and your pooch
- Bring a brush – all sorts of things are going to get stuck in its fur
- Some doggy luxuries – like toys and a comfy camp bed (we’ve got some great ones that they’ll love) to make them feel at home
- Bring a roomy tent
- Bring a pet first aid kit
- Make sure to pick up after your dog – and bring extra bags to do so!