Outdoor Connection Bedarra 2R Family Dome Tent
Outdoor Connection Bedarra 2R tent is Australia’s premium quality two room tent for families or couples. The large rear bedroom has Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels, two windows and a large rear Omega door to give maximum cooling for the hot Australian summer nights. The front room features two large side doors and a large front door for all-round ventilation. The ‘head height’ is full height the whole length – no more ‘all-fours’ walking just because you are in the bedroom. Internal window and door covers allow instant privacy without having to go outside the tent – even with all the external covers open. The internal covers zip from the bottom upwards so that you have maximum climate control giving protection from drafts on cold winter nights. You can let in as much or as little fresh air as you need large front and rear door covers form large 3-Pole front and rear awnings that can be left up during wet weather. You can still enjoy the great outdoors even when it is raining. Optional awning sidewalls add to your shady haven in fine weather and give added protection to the awning area during inclement weather.
Excellence in design and manufacture makes this quality Outdoor Connection two room tent a good investment towards making your camping holidays everything that you wish for over years to come.
Outdoor Connection – Quality you can see feel and trust
- Product Details
Outdoor Connection Bedarra 2R Tent
Two Room Family Tent suitable for families or couples
The Bedarra is a two room family tent that is spacious, offering all the best in manufacture and design to ensure your family holiday is as good as you wish for.
- Spacious 260(W) x 480(L) x 210 (H) cms. The Height of 210 cms applies to the whole length of the tent.
- Side walls are very straight and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
- Hornet Pole System, ‘easy to erect’, has a centre ridge pole and six-rib construction. This provides excellent strength and stability while creating near vertical sidewalls for exceptional internal space and headroom.
- The large awning complements the feeling of cool comfort on your family holiday.
- The CHOICE tent comparison of September 2011 awarded the Outdoor Connection Weekender Tent the highest score in the “What to Buy” results. The Bedarra shares the same design and fabric qualities as the Weekender as well as the ‘easy to erect’ Hornet Pole System.
- Rear bedroom 260 (W) x 270(L) with straight walls that are very upright at the ends. This maximises internal space. The bedroom has large side windows and Ventraflow panels that provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. A large Omega screen door at the rear end of the tent rounds off your all-around comfort.
- Front room 260(W) x 210 (L) with large Omega Doors on each side and a large Omega front door ensure all-round cool comfort. The door panels on the Outer Fly can be poled out as awnings.
- Omega screen doors at each end of the tent rounds off your all-around comfort.
- Sewn-in Dividing Wall, with an Omega door, separates the two rooms room. The Omega Door mesh and privacy screens can be tucked away neatly in a side pocket.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly. This fabric is much heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons
- Waterproofing with a MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 4500 mm) so you stay dry even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the outer fly fabric guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light offering longer life to your camping home.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh is featured for all windows and doors to keep the midges and mosquitoes out
- Inner tent is breathable polyester for extra comfort and minimizing condensation inside the tent.
- The inner tent has its own zippered privacy panel and mesh screening to match that on the outer fly. So that, while you have great ventilation, the tent can also be closed up from the inside if the night turns cool.
- Remember a family of four may produce more than half a litre of condensation in a night so ventilation and breathability of the inner tent is important
- Rear Bedroom features large side windows and Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels that provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. A large Omega rear door provides a separate entrance AND a full wall of ventilation when the outside flap is rolled up or erected as an awning.
- Privacy Screens zip from the bottom of the panels upwards on the windows and Ventraflow so that you can control the air flow into the tent. Omega doors can also be configured this way. All doors and windows have both mesh and privacy screens.
- Large Omega doors are at each end of the tent as well as in the dividing wall between the two rooms. These doors can be fully unzipped and tucked away in a storage pocket at the side. Very neat and compact! The Omega door can also be zipped partly up from the bottom to control air flow.
- Durafine No-See-Um mesh on all doors and windows.
- Large side awnings are formed by side the doors on each side of the tent
- Three Pole Awnings are formed by poling out the two end doors of the outer Fly. Outdoor Connection’s three pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Optional Side Walls are available for these three pole awnings. Side walls can be attached to either or both sides of the awning and be poled out to form a great extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Two compression straps with durable Snap-Lock buckles. No more struggling to get the tent in the bag.
– all dimensions measured internally
Sizes are all internal measurements.
Floor: 480 (L) x 260 (W) cm
Peak Height: 210 cm
Height at eaves:
Size at eaves:
Rear Bedroom: (260(W) x 270(L) cm
Front bedroom 260(W) x 210(L) cms with Mesh walls
Spacious two room cabin dome tent with fully sewn-in dividing wall between the two bedrooms.
Side and end walls are very near vertical and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom.
High peak height and the tall near vertical sidewalls provide an overall feeling of comfortable cool space.
Tent Fabric Outer Fly:
100 Denier HiCount 130 Grams per Sq M (GSM) with exceptional TEAR STRENGTH to be secure in even the roughest weather. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Comparison
Outdoor Connection's unique UV Protek treatment helps protect your fabric against degradation from UV Light significantly extending the life of your tent.
UV Protek formulation also ensures high abrasion resistance of the waterproofing so that as your tent ages, and suffers abrasion from the normal use of erecting and folding away, your water resistance alters very slowly.
3000 mm (Minimum) Waterhead. Actually measured at more than 4500mm for staying dry in the heaviest and persistent rain.
Heat taped seams.
Fabric: 68D Breathable polyester to minimise condensation collection inside the tent living space.
Dividing Wall between the two bedrooms is fully sewn in with a large Omega Durafine Mesh door that can be opened to make a large room. The door has a privacy screen that can be zipped up from the base so that you can control the air flow through the tent.
Ventraflow panels in rear room as well as very large windows and doors for superior ventilation.
Large Omega rear door.
Sleeves hold the rib poles at the top of the tent. This distributes the weight evenly and minimises the movement of the tent in wind.
The 'easy to erect' Hornet Pole System with a single peak ridgeline pole.
Three rib poles run, on each side, from this ridgeline pole down the roof line to the base of the tent. Bent ferrules at the eave line mean that the side walls can be near vertical making maximum 'walk around space' inside the tent.
Highest quality sewing thread available used to ensure maximum strength and waterproofing. Waterproofing of polyester tents requires a special thread. The Bedarra features the use of Coates 100% cotton Dual Duty thread. This is a three heads spun thread with three separate cotton threads spun together. This gives maximum strength. Cotton swells when it gets wet and this fills up the small needle holes made in the manufacturing process.
Outdoor Connection actually manufactures tents (other models) so we know what we are doing and we pay special attention to these small but very important quality details!
PE Floor 175 Grams per Sq Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
Coil No 8 zips ae a feature of all doors for long lasting durability.
Coil No 5 zips are used on windows and Ventrraflow. These are smaller zips designed to keep water and wind out while being very secure when used for windows.
Doors and Windows
Omega are double slide round doors that can be be folded away in a side pocket – neat and compact. The privacy screens can be zipped from the base upwards so that air low can be controlled.
The privacy screens on the bedroom side windows and Ventraflow also zip from the base upwards for best climate control.
Window covers have end tags that allow the covers to be pegged out allowing ventilation even in wet weather.
Large three pole awning at each end of the tent, with optional side walls, provides a comfortable outside living area that, because of the peak created, can be left standing during rain periods. You can still enjoy the Great Outdoors even when it is raining.
The side doors on the front room can also be either rolled up or poled out as side awnings.
Optional Awning Side Walls
Large side walls are available for the awnings. The awnings feature a continuous Velcro strip along the length of each side. This joins to the velco strip on the side wall to make a very strong join of the side wall to the awning. The side wall has velco on each side so that it can be attached on either side of the awning.
The sidewalls can be poled out to make a super-large awning area or, in inclement weather, tied down to make a secure and comfortable area under the awning.
Electrical Cord Access:
Zippered access for electrical cords. Hanging hooks for LED along the peak seam
Extra peak and wall height provide a spacious cool environment. The higher the roof the further you are away from the heat.
Large doors and windows complete the feeling of having lots of cool space. With the large awnings at each end of the tent, and on the side doors, this is a real 'country homestead'.
Storage pockets are sewn to the walls of the inner tent.
Door Locks are provided for added security. This simple design lock obviously does not prevent someone 'breaking in' to your tent. However they do guard against the casual visitor walking in and nonchalantly removing your valuables.
Outdoor Connection's unique EziPak 'drop-in' flap over carry bag with compression straps means no more struggling to fit the tent back in the bag. Just roll the tent up comfortable tightly and drop it back into the carry back. Tighten the straps with the snap-lock buckles and you are packed up ready to go home.
Pack Size and Weight:
Weight: 22.7 Kg
Pack Size: 79 x 30 x 31 cms
Manufacturers Warranty of three years against defects in manufacture or materials.