The Outdoor Connection Galaxy is truly Australia’s premium quality family tent designed to maximise the enjoyment of your family holiday. The Galaxy offers space ‘out of this world’ with three extra-large rooms and high roofline running the full length of the tent. The whole family can have that ‘fling your arms out and breathe in feeling’ - all at the same time!
The Galaxy Hybrid Square Pole System with a square centre structure, makes this large tent very strong and stable while also being very simple, quick and easy to erect.
Create wonderful memories with family and friends.
Feel secure with
- Designed by Aussie campers for Australian conditions
- Highest quality waterproofing
- Superb ventilation and space – all the best in every tent
- Best and strongest quality materials and sewing threads.
- Quality manufacturing - best sewing workmanship available anywhere
See terms and conditions here
Outdoor Connection – Quality you can see feel and trust
Three Room Family Dome Tent for families of EVERY size
- Floor Size: 720(L) x 305(W) x 215 (Height) cm (Internal Measurement).
- Width stays at 305 cm over the full length - no tapering at the ends.
- Height of 215 cm applies the whole length of the tent. The higher the tent roof over the whole tent – the cooler the tent!
- Eave Size: 516(L) x 220(W) x 167 (Height at eave of internal dividing walls)
Side walls are near vertical and high giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom. A tall person can almost stand upright in the CORNER!
- Galaxy Hybrid Square Pole System, ‘easy to erect’ makes this extra-large tent quick, simple and easy to erect. The square centre pole structure guarantees maximum stability. Stability Plus Pole Sleeves hold the fibreglass poles at the top of the tent – distributing weight evenly and minimising movement in the wind. Steel side poles serve to make side walls near vertical while adding strength and stability in the wind.
- Large Three Pole awning at each end that can be left erected during the rain.
- Complete side awning - all window and door covers along each side of the tent can be pole out as awnings or joined together to make one continuous awning along each side, providing maximum protected area for relaxing outside.
Rooms each 305 (w) x 240(l) cm
- Walls, near-vertical, maximise internal space providing lots of ‘walk-around’ headroom not found in any other brand of tent. Each end bedroom has large Side Windows providing cross-flow ventilation for fully screened coolness and comfort. A large Omega screened door at each end of the tent, and the same for internal doors, round off your all-around comfort.
- Middle room, also a full 305(W) x 240 (L), can be used as a storage/living area bedroom. Large Omega Doors on each side provide cross-flow ventilation for fully screened coolness and comfort.
- Sewn-in Dividing Walls with an Omega door separate each room. The Omega Door mesh and privacy screens can be tucked away neatly in a side pocket.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly - heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons.
- Waterproofing - MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 4500 mm) Stay dry, even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the Outer Fly, unique to Outdoor Connection tents, guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light, offering longer life to your camping home. The Abrasion Resistant coating resists waterproofing degradation from the erecting, folding and rubbing of the Fly over the years.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh - Fine, strong and hard wearing.
- Heat Taped Seams and special tent sewing threads to ensure maximum waterproofing and strength.
- Pre-tied guy ropes with zippered storage pockets.
- Zips: Coil #8 zips on all doors for strength and long lasting durability. Coil #5 zips, for maximum protection against wind and rain on windows and Ventraflow panels.
Comfort & Convenience
- Inner tent of breathable polyester minimises condensation inside the tent.
- Zippered inner tent privacy panels and mesh screening match the outer fly - the tent can be closed up from inside on cool nights.
Privacy Screens on windows panels zip from the bottom upwards to control air flow into the tent. All doors and windows have both mesh and privacy screens.
- Large Omega doors are at each end and both sides of the tent and in the internal dividing walls. Doors fully unzip to tuck away in a small storage pocket. Neat and compact!
- Durafine No-See-Um mesh on all doors and windows.
- PE Floor 175 Grams per Square Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
- Large side awnings - formed by the side doors and window covers on each side of the tent. The door and window covers can be pole out and used as individual awnings or zipped together to form one long continuous awning along each side. The covers can be lowered and pegged or poled out to protect the windows from showers while still allowing fresh air into the tent.
- Three Pole Awnings formed by poling out the two end doors of the Outer Fly. Outdoor Connection’s design three-pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Four awning poles provided with the tent.
- Electrical Cord Access -Zippered access with hooks for hanging LED along the peak seam
- Storage pockets sewn to the walls of the inner tent.
- Door Locks for added security
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Compression straps with Snap-Lock buckles. No struggling to get the tent in the bag- just drop it in
Pack Size and Weight:
- Tent Bag: 84 x 40 x 40 cm - 29.7 kg
- Pole Bag: 79 x 16 x 18 cm - 14.2 kg
- Packed in two separate 'EziPak' bags for easier carrying
- Weight 43.9 kg.
- Manufacturers Warranty of Five years against defects in manufacture or materials.