Outdoor Connection Weekender 1R Cabin Dome Tent
Outdoor Connection Weekender 1R Cabin Dome Tent
- Taxes included. Shipping calculated at checkout
- Free shipping for most orders over $95 AUD (See our shipping policy)
Outdoor Connection Weekender 1R family dome tent is perfect for couples or singles on a weekend getaway or comfortable longer stay. With 179 cm near vertical high side walls and 210 cm peak height running the full length of the tent, you get that that feeling of wanting to ‘fling your arms out and breathe in’, even while inside your tent. Exceptional ventilation means you enjoy fresh air coming in all around on those warm summer nights. While, even in the heaviest rain, you stay dry and secure.
Create wonderful memories with family and friends.
Feel secure with
- Designed by Aussie campers for Australian conditions
- Highest quality waterproofing
- Superb ventilation and space – all the best in every tent
- Best and strongest quality materials and sewing threads.
- Quality manufacturing - best sewing workmanship available anywhere
See terms and conditions here
Outdoor Connection – Quality you can see feel and trust
Outdoor Connection Weekender Dome Tent
One Room Dome Tent suitable for couples or singles
- Floor Size: 280(W) x 270(L) x 205 (H) cms (Internal Measurement). Internal Height of 205 cm applies to the whole length of the tent. The higher the tent roof over the whole tent - the cooler the tent!
- Eave Size: 187(w) x 158(l) cm with Wall Height 179 cm. Side walls near-vertical and high, giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ cool space inside the tent with lots of headroom. A tall person can stand in the CORNER!
- Hornet Pole System, ‘easy to erect’, means your tent is quickly and easily erected while being strong and stable in adverse conditions. Stability Plus Pole Sleeves hold the Hornet poles at the top of the tent - distributing weight evenly and minimising movement in the wind.
- Large 3 pole awnings, front and rear, provides heaps of headroom and space to relax outside in the shade.
- Bedroom 280 (w) x 270 (l) x 205 (h) cm
- Walls near vertical for all-round maximum internal space.
- Large side & rear windows plus Ventraflow panels on each side of the tent provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. Internal privacy screens zip up from the bottom maximising your control of air flow and keeping you warmer in cool weather. All external covers can be poled or pegged out as protective awnings.
- Omega screen door with internal privacy screens at the entry of the tent, for all-around comfort. External cover forms a three-pole awning.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly - heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons.
- Waterproofing - MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 4500 mm) Stay dry, even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the Outer Fly, unique to Outdoor Connection tents, guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light, offering longer life to your camping home. The Abrasion Resistant coating resists waterproofing degradation from the erecting, folding and rubbing of the Fly over the years.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh - Fine, strong and hard wearing.
- Heat Taped Seams and special tent sewing threads to ensure maximum waterproofing and strength.
- Pre-tied guy ropes with zippered storage pockets.
- Zips: Coil #8 zips on all doors for strength and long lasting durability. Coil #5 zips, for maximum protection against wind and rain on windows and Ventraflow panels.
- Inner tent of breathable polyester minimises condensation inside the tent.
- Zippered inner tent privacy panels and mesh screening match the outer fly - the tent can be closed up from inside on cool nights.
- Large gusseted window at the rear of the tent, the outside cover can be either pegged out as an awning with the gusset unzipped, pegged out as an awning with the gusset zipped up for all weather protection and ventilation or rolled up for open ventilation.
- Large side windows and Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels for cool clear air low down where you sleep.
- Privacy Screens on windows and Ventraflow panels zip from the bottom upwards to control air flow into the tent. All doors and windows have both mesh and privacy screens.
- Large Omega door are at the entrance of the tent. Door can be fully unzipped to tuck away in a small storage pocket. Neat and compact!
- Durafine No-See-Um mesh on all windows and entry door.
- PE Floor 175 Grams per Square Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
- Three Pole Awnings formed by poling out the entrance door of the Outer Fly. Outdoor Connection’s design three-pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Three awning poles provided with the tent.
- Optional Side Walls attach to three-pole awnings can be poled out to form an extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- Electrical Cord Access -Zippered access with hooks for hanging LED along the peak seam
- Storage pockets sewn to the walls of the inner tent.
- Door Locks for added security
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Compression straps with Snap-Lock buckles. No struggling to get the tent in the bag- just drop it in
Pack Size and Weight:
- Tent Bag: 82 x 30 x 31 cm
- Weight 19 kg
- Manufacturers Warranty of Five years against defects in manufacture or materials.
Spacious & near-vertical sidewalls
Like all the tents in the Resort Range, the Hornet Pole System gives you near-vertical sidewalls that provide plenty of cool, ‘walk-around’ space inside the tent with lots of headroom. A tall person can stand in the CORNER!
The Weekender is a one-room, cabin-style dome tent that is spacious, offering all the best in quality manufacture and design to ensure your holiday is as good as you wish for.
Large, gusseted window at the rear of the tent. The outside cover can be either pegged out as an awning with the gusset unzipped, pegged out as an awning with the gusset zipped up for all-weather protection and ventilation, or rolled up for open ventilation.
The external gusseted cover gives extra protection from the rain and prevents condensation build-up.
Ventraflow panels at the bottom of both sides of the tent allow a cross-flow of air down low where you sleep. Australian summer nights can be hot and humid so fresh air where you are sleeping is essential. There isn’t much point in having the limited fresh air drifting in through windows that are too high to be of direct benefit. Ventraflow panels also have internal privacy screens, so you can adjust the air flow without having to go outside and adjust the external window covers.
Ventraflow external covers can be pegged out so that you can have fresh air even while it is raining. These external covers are gusseted, giving extra rain protection as well as protecting the tent from over-stress as the covers are pegged out.Ventraflow, in conjunction with large windows and doors, provides unparalleled ventilation for your comfort.
THE HISTORY OF OUTDOOR CONNECTION
We sat down with Bill, the founder of Outdoor Connection, to find out how it kicked off. Learn more about how the business started back in 1984.
Outdoor Connection is an Australian family-owned company selling quality tents used and designed by our design and support team. Outdoor Connection Tents are designed for Australian camping conditions and manufactured to the highest quality in order to withstand the ‘tuff stuff.’
OUTDOOR CONNECTION SUSTAINABILITY
CAMPING GEAR OR JUST LANDFILL?
Outdoor Connection is very conscious of the mountain of waste that we, as a nation, create. So often see reports of waste bins and skips full of discarded camping gear that is broken, often on first use, and left discarded at campsites. It’s all just needless waste. At Outdoor Connection, we go to the effort and expense of making our products to a higher specification. We have instituted quality control procedures to ensure that our products meet those specifications. In addition, we make every effort to make products that provide great value and that will last to provide you with many years of great enjoyment and reward - out in the great outdoors!
Strengthen your family connections
Camping gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with your family without the distractions of the daily grind. Doing simple things such as collecting wood for the campfire and building the fire together will help form connections that you may struggle to do at home due to the kids consistently being on their phones, laptops or tablets.
Choosing the perfect family tent
Selecting the best tent for your family can be a difficult task. There are so many varieties, styles, brands, price ranges, features and benefits available, so where do you start? Let Outdoor Connection guide you to the tent with the best features, benefits and value for your next family camping trip.